The most advanced dental imaging technology
The success of any dental treatment depends not only on the expertise of the dental practitioner and the cooperation of the patient, but also on the technology being used.
- We use the latest in 3D dental imaging for improved diagnoses, better communication between dentists and patients and more efficient treatment planning. 3D imaging has become quite a critical tool for modern dental practices over the years. It allows practitioners to see important information that can’t be detected using traditional 2D imaging systems alone.
- The CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) gives a very detailed 3-dimensional image in contrast to conventional x-rays which only give a 2-dimensional image. The 3D image makes the understanding of the patient’s problem much better and improves the quality of care that dental practitioners can provide. The CBCT is used when a patient has a complex problem and is utilized to plan the surgical procedure to improve predictability, quality and safety of the procedure. It is also used to plan and simulate dental implant surgery ensuring that the most suitable type of implant is used and securing that no nerve damage or damage to other structures happen during the surgery. Though, it is possible to work without CBCT but the predictability, quality and safety of surgery is improved as the doctors have better understanding of the problem.
- Our CBCT has a very strong electronic sensor which makes it possible to capture the images with minimal radiation dose. In principle, anyone can have a CBCT scan – however, you have to
- Keep your head without movement during the scan so small children and patients who are not able to keep their head still are the limitations.
- It is a fantastic tool, as the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon is able to understand the problem in 3-dimensions in a very detailed way, which improves the quality of the surgeries that done.